CELEBRATE EARTH WEEK 2021 WITH THE FORT WORTH MUSEUM OF SCIENCE AND HISTORY
MUSEUM CONNECTS COMMUNITY TO THE 51ST ANNIVERSARY OF EARTH DAY WITH A FULL WEEK OF EARTH-THEMED PROGRAMMING
The Fort Worth Museum of Science and History invites you to celebrate Earth Week by learning about the world around you! The Museum will bring together educators, scientists, and local partners to celebrate Earth Week, providing hands-on experiments, live demonstrations, and interactive lessons.
“Earth Week gives people all over the world a time to think about how we all do our part to take care of the planet,” said Dr. Doug Roberts, the Museum’s Chief Public Engagement Officer.
From April 19 – April 25, participants will be able to learn all about the environment through a series of pre-recorded Earth-themed videos, engage with live events on the Museum’s Facebook page, and compete in the Museum’s first-ever Earth Week Scavenger Hunt for a chance to win prizes from the Museum, Tarrant Regional Water District, and other local partners.
Here are just a few of the experiences planned for Earth Week:
- Bob the Turtle: Learn all about this legendary snapping turtle that is the unofficial mascot of the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History.
- Lights Out Texas: Find out how dimming the lights in our largest cities helps migrating birds stay on the correct path.
- Snakes: These fascinating animals frequently get a bad reputation. Learn why snakes are an important part of our environment and help keep things in a healthy balance.
- Birdwatching and Feeding: Presented by Log Cabin Village
- Earth Week Scavenger Hunt in partnership with Tarrant Regional Water District
- A collection of pre-recorded videos created by the Museum’s education team and local students.
- And more!
HOW TO STAY INVOLVED
We invite you to help support our mission and stay connected with the Museum:
- Let us know what type of Earth Week content you would like to see by taking this 1-minute survey.
- Support our mission by donating to the Museum.
- Connect to the Museum’s social media pages to follow our Earth Week updates. Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
To learn more about Earth Week 2021 and view the complete Earth Week schedule, visit: www.fwmuseum.org/earth-day-2021. Two of the live Earth Week programs include materials kits. To register for your materials kit, visit: form.jotform.com/210626340185954.
Earth Week 2021 is part of the Museum’s hybrid programming model, combining in-person learning opportunities and special events with digital community-based experiences. To learn more about the Museum’s upcoming schedule of programs, visit www.fwmuseum.org/explore/upcoming-events.
Earth Week 2021 is generously supported by Central Market and the Tarrant Regional Water District.