The Fort Worth City Council met at 10 a.m. in the Council Chamber at City Hall.
- The Council approved a maximum property tax rate of $.7125 per $100 in valuation.
- Members approved a resolution disapproving the 2023 budget of the Denton Central Appraisal District.
- Members approved a resolution authorizing a design concept for the Council Chamber Building at Future City Hall.
- The Council passed updated service and assessment plans for several Public Improvement Districts.
- Members approved ceremonial travel for District 3 Councilmember Michael Crain to France, Sept. 16-23, as part of the Fort Worth Sister Cities delegation.
- Crain presented a proclamation to Colonial Kids for a Cause for their charitable work in the community.
Other Aug. 23 Council meetings
- Local Development Corp.
- Fort Worth Housing Finance Corp.
- Crime Control and Prevention District board. Board members approved the FY2023 recommended CCPD budget in the amount of $117,387,173.
Watch City Council meetings live on Fort Worth TV, either online or on TV. You can also watch the meetings via the Fort Worth TV video library and on the City's YouTube channel.