This past year, we initiated a set of Priority Projects, updated our web presence including a new domain name (www.fwculture.com) and website, and adopted a member management system to help us better serve you in the future.
Of the ten Priority Projects outlined in 2017, we are pleased to report on the following work this year:
- Developed the 7 for 7th Public Safety Awareness campaign in collaboration with the West 7th Neighborhood and Bar Association to promote patron responsibility
- Facilitated the development of a crosswalk at Darnell Street in collaboration with the Museums and City of Fort Worth
- Served as a community connector between the Museums, Heart of America Hotel Group, and City of Fort Worth throughout the initial planning phase of the proposed new hotel
- Created the ongoing 'Meet at the Mesa' luncheon series to regularly engage in dialogue with District stakeholders
- Promoted business-to-business engagement with the inaugural Fortress Festival (to return to the District again in 2018)
- Continued ongoing efforts in partnership with the City of Fort Worth, the T, and district stakeholders to support "The Dash" - the proposed transit circulator connecting downtown and the District
- Connected West 7th Bar and Restaurant Association, City of Fort Worth, and Fort Worth ISD representatives to bring forth public parking solutions for the West 7th area
- Initiated discussions and planning among stakeholders for a possible Design Overlay in the district as new growth continues
- Introduced the 'Discover the District' event series to engage the public in the District's unique assets and attractions
- Raised awareness for the 2018 Bond Election and proposed possible uses of funds within the District
Have a recommendation for a Priority Project in 2018? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 2018 Priority Project.