Dickies Arena is more than halfway completed, and the 14,000-seat multipurpose facility is well on its way to opening in late 2019. Here are some facts about the work completed so far:
- Approximately 1,839,564 man hours have been worked on the project so far.
- 3,544 workers have participated onsite.
- 800-900 workers are currently onsite.
- 2,200 tons of structural steel, equal to the weight of approximately 11 Boeing 747-400s.
- 1,000 concrete piers support the foundation.
- 8,800 tons of metal rebar.
- 87,000 yards of structural concrete.
The building materials
- 1.3 million bricks.
- 550,000 concrete blocks.
- 10 miles of HVAC pipe.
- 41 miles of plumbing pipe.
- 710 miles of electrical wiring.
- 1.2 million pounds of ductwork covering 14 miles.
View Full Article